Skip to main content

Confession of a Waitress

I found this blog very interesting - The Waitress Confession - and I tot I should share this out to my wonderful friends who are in the Food & Beverage industry.

As most of you may know, I'm also working in the restaurant line. I love my job, but I am also just a human being, and I admit that there are times when I am too emotional to concentrate on my job.

Recently, with the tighter restrictions for foreign works, almost all food & beverage establishments are down with staff shortage issue, of cos, that includes my company too. We are still trying to cope with the same number of customers during the weekends, but we are just human beings, thus, there's still a limit to how much we can handle.

Imagine that it will normally take 3 waitress to handle up to 20 tables, but with the shortage, we are down to 2 and sometimes even 1 waitress to handle the same number of tables. If each table were to sit 2 customers, it would mean that 1 waitress had to attend to 20 customers.  

During this period, how we wish that customers can be a little more understanding, especially during peak period. Waitress is also human. I think I've mention that a few times already. A waitress job is not just taking orders. We also need to check on your orders, clearing tables, setting tables, refilling water, but, we only have 2 hands to do the job. We don't have any supernatural powers that we can get everything done with a snap of your finger.

Of cos, I understand that customers are paying service charge, thus, they will expect more from the waitress. But be understanding. If the restaurant is empty, and you are the only table seated, no one serves you because the waitress are talking and joking around, go ahead and complain. That should not be the way in any restaurant. But if the restaurant is packed, and you see the poor waitress running around, trying to take orders, clearing tables, or refilling water, Don't you think that he or she deserves an appreciation from us. I'm not saying that because I'm a waitress, but more of because I am also a customer. I know how I want to be serve, and in order to get the service that I want, it starts with me.

For an example, if you walk into a restaurant with a big smile on your face, when I approached you, I'll smile back too. When you use magic words such as 'Please', I'll definitely say yes. Now, if it's that other way, you walk in with an angry look on your face, when I approach you, I will not be smiling too much. I won't say to much and will try to avoid your table. It is because, I am afraid that i may say or do something that may anger you even further. So do you realized the difference?

Waitresses are not servants. Waitressing is a job and we do that to earn our monthly keeps. We are just like anyone else having emotional issues sometimes. We don't mind serving fussy customers, but we really appreciate if you are an understanding customer.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Niku Kappo by Watabi

It's been a long time since Mr Wonderful and I have a date. Glad to spend some private time together for dinner without Baby Joy! It was a surprise dinner date (3 weeks ago) as he just SMS me the venue 5 minutes before I off work.  When I reach the restaurant, there was a big crowd outside, waiting for tables. Mr Wonderful got 2 seats at the Sushi Counter which is our favorite whenever we dine at a  Japanese Restaurant.   There's a welcome drink for everybody. Never got to know what drink is that as the servers are always busy. We had a hard time trying to get their attention as everyone is attending to tables. There were a lot of table services such as tossing salad and cooking Sukiyaki by the table side.   My welcome drink   Quite nice, a little minty. The chilli padi looks scary, but you don't taste that at all... Wagyu Toro Sushi $7.90 I am not a fan of raw beef, so I've got nothing much to saw about this. But the beef literally 'melts' in my mouth, so make

Bye, 2013... Hello, 2014.... & Mini Giveaway

After all the celebration and parties to celebrate Christmas, so 2013 is coming to an end. Looking back into 2013, I've got a fair share of the good and bad...  Now that 2014 is arriving, it's time to plan for the future.... Yes! I plan that in 2013, but things are not going smoothly for me then.  But I'm gonna do that again in 2014, and the first thing I'm gonna do is.... To be pregnant again... Yes, that's my number one plan for 2014. I'm not young anymore, and I really do look forward to have a child of my own. I lost my child in 2013, and I'm not gonna let that happen again this time. I'm gonna take good care of myself this time and give birth to a healthy baby. Secondly, Mr Wonderful and I had gave up choosing a bto unit this year. It is because they are left with only second storey units, while we prefer a higher storey one. Hopefully, this year, we are able to to book a unit. Next, I hope I can have more time

Earn Cashback by Shopping via ShopBack

I have always love online shopping because I can shop anytime I want. Imagine earning cash back with your purchase, makes shopping even more fun. Introducing ShopBack where you can shop and earn cash back at the same time!!   ShopBack offers cash between 1% - 25% of your purchase amount. Once your Cashback becomes redeemable and with a minimum amount in your account, you can transfer the Cashback to your bank account!   There are many popular shops on ShopBack that you can shop and earn Cashback. Some popular shops includes Groupon, Lazada, ASOS, ZALORA, FoodPanda and more....    If you are a frequent traveler, the ShopBack app is a must have... imagine earning Cashback with your air-ticket purchase or hotel bookings, that means you'll have extra cash to spend on your trip too...   Up to date, I've earn over $140, and I'm still earning... All you have to do is to install the ShopBack app, sign up for an account, and start shopping via the app. Do note that you must shop via