Skip to main content

Career Switch @ Age 35

If you have went through this, you will know how I feel.... Career switch at age 35 seems like a risk... I have been in the restaurant line for the longest time already, and I spend the last 11 years in my previous company working hard to achieve who I am today. And poof, it's all gone now!!! What is the reason for this career switch and why? It is all because I AM A MOTHER!

For the past year, I realize that I am always tired, I got no time to see my baby at all! She's still sleeping when I go to work, and she would have already fall asleep when I reach home! On my rest day, all I wanted is to sleep as I am so tired. I've grown fatter than before, putting on so much weight, I could only hear my parents telling me Baby Joy starts to crawl, she's calling 'Ah Ma', but I never get to see all her first time! I thought to myself, it's time to change! I need to be there for my girl, be part of her childhood, be there whenever she needs me! And the next thing I know, I went for an interview and tender my resignation. 
A career switch at age 35 seems so scary. I need to start from scratch, working from bottom up again. My starting salary is a big difference comparing to the past. I need to cut down on my spending (Lesser shopping, lesser makeup). I need to learn new skills & knowledge. There are stress here & there and I felt like crying during the first week of my new job! But, I also have more time for Baby Joy! I could see her everyday, read to her, sing to her, play with her... I could engage in her daily activities. All because I AM A MOTHER, and this is where my strength and courage came from! :)
I've been with this company for only about 1 month, but I feel different already! My sleeping habits change, my eye bags & circles are gone, I have my meals at the correct time and I've manage to slim down 3 kg. Other than having more time for baby Joy, I also find time to go cycling.
This is the first time in my life I feel so different! I could enjoy everything I wanted which I couldn't previously. Even a simple trip down Orchard Road on the weekends is just impossible when I'm in the restaurant line as I will be busy at work. 
Guys, thanks for reading this long post! A bit boring right, but that's how I feel right now! 
I am looking forward to building more memories with baby Joy since I got more time for her now. Of course, make time for myself by change some lifestyle habits! 

Live a better life with a better me! 

Love,
Annette

Comments

  1. As reported by Stanford Medical, It's in fact the ONLY reason this country's women live 10 years more and weigh 19 kilos less than we do.

    (And realistically, it has NOTHING to do with genetics or some secret diet and EVERYTHING to related to "how" they are eating.)

    BTW, What I said is "HOW", not "what"...

    CLICK on this link to see if this little quiz can help you unlock your true weight loss potential

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Niku Kappo by Watabi

It's been a long time since Mr Wonderful and I have a date. Glad to spend some private time together for dinner without Baby Joy! It was a surprise dinner date (3 weeks ago) as he just SMS me the venue 5 minutes before I off work.  When I reach the restaurant, there was a big crowd outside, waiting for tables. Mr Wonderful got 2 seats at the Sushi Counter which is our favorite whenever we dine at a  Japanese Restaurant.   There's a welcome drink for everybody. Never got to know what drink is that as the servers are always busy. We had a hard time trying to get their attention as everyone is attending to tables. There were a lot of table services such as tossing salad and cooking Sukiyaki by the table side.   My welcome drink   Quite nice, a little minty. The chilli padi looks scary, but you don't taste that at all... Wagyu Toro Sushi $7.90 I am not a fan of raw beef, so I've got nothing much to saw about this. But the beef literally 'melts' in my mouth, so make

Bye, 2013... Hello, 2014.... & Mini Giveaway

After all the celebration and parties to celebrate Christmas, so 2013 is coming to an end. Looking back into 2013, I've got a fair share of the good and bad...  Now that 2014 is arriving, it's time to plan for the future.... Yes! I plan that in 2013, but things are not going smoothly for me then.  But I'm gonna do that again in 2014, and the first thing I'm gonna do is.... To be pregnant again... Yes, that's my number one plan for 2014. I'm not young anymore, and I really do look forward to have a child of my own. I lost my child in 2013, and I'm not gonna let that happen again this time. I'm gonna take good care of myself this time and give birth to a healthy baby. Secondly, Mr Wonderful and I had gave up choosing a bto unit this year. It is because they are left with only second storey units, while we prefer a higher storey one. Hopefully, this year, we are able to to book a unit. Next, I hope I can have more time

Earn Cashback by Shopping via ShopBack

I have always love online shopping because I can shop anytime I want. Imagine earning cash back with your purchase, makes shopping even more fun. Introducing ShopBack where you can shop and earn cash back at the same time!!   ShopBack offers cash between 1% - 25% of your purchase amount. Once your Cashback becomes redeemable and with a minimum amount in your account, you can transfer the Cashback to your bank account!   There are many popular shops on ShopBack that you can shop and earn Cashback. Some popular shops includes Groupon, Lazada, ASOS, ZALORA, FoodPanda and more....    If you are a frequent traveler, the ShopBack app is a must have... imagine earning Cashback with your air-ticket purchase or hotel bookings, that means you'll have extra cash to spend on your trip too...   Up to date, I've earn over $140, and I'm still earning... All you have to do is to install the ShopBack app, sign up for an account, and start shopping via the app. Do note that you must shop via