Skip to main content

Mummy And Baby: Baby's Stuffs - Feeding & Bath

Been quite busy for the passed few weeks as it is getting closer to my due date. As of 17/10/2015, baby's 8 months already. 

There are so many things to do, yet so little time... Really hope that there's 48 hours A DAY!! :(
I need to shop for baby's stuffs, starting to train my staffs to take over my task when I'm on ML, attended some parenting/mama's classes, my brother just had his wedding last weekend and I spent almost two weeks to DIY his Wedding Gift (There's a separate post on that!!!). That's a lot to do for a pregnant woman.... :X

Baby's stuffs are almost ready, maybe for some minor stuffs that I've missed out. I haven't really get anything for myself yet.

Remember the newborn checklist I had posted, I did some changes to it so let's see what have I got for her!

Feeding

1. Breast Pump
What I wanted: Medela Freestyle Double Electric Breast Pump $490++
What I actually bought: Unimom Allegro Electric Breast Pump $149 (Baby Fair price + Gifts)


Breast feeding is not an easy task, and if you do not have a good breast pump, it just make the task even harder. I do want to save some money but at the same time I need a good breast pump to make the job easier. Unable to tell you how good it is as I haven't start using it. But I've googled online and found some positive reviews. I got it at a good deal at the baby fair. This is a single rechargable and portable breast pump but also convertible to a double pump or manual pump. Also comes with a free cooler bag with 5 milk storage bottles & 2 ice packs!

2. Nursing Pads
What I wanted: No Preferences
What I actually bought: Philips Avent Day & Night Breast Pads 30pcs $7.90/ 20pcs $7.90 (Metro Sale)


My mummy friends recommended me this brand so I just buy to try lah...
Extra Samples to try: Tollyjoy Day & Night Disposable Nursing Pads & NUK Ultra Dry Breast Pads

3. Breast Milk Storage Bottle/Bag
What I wanted: No Perferences
What I actually bought: Nothing


I got the the Friso bottles as gifts when I attended some parenting classes and when I bought my breast pump, I got 5 Unimum storage bottles too. Not sure if it will be enough or not. May get some storage bags if needed!

4. Nipple Cream
What I wanted: No Preferences
What I actually bought: Not Yet
Haven't really buy anything for myself yet, maybe in the coming month instead.

5. Nursing Bra
What I wanted: No Preference
What I actually bought: Autumnz Nursing Bra, 2 for $28
I bought these from Youhaveababy at the recent Baby fair. They are super comfy, and I'm gonna get more...

6. Silicon Nipples
What I wanted: No Preferences
What I actually bought: 1. Munchkin Latch 3m+/6m+ $11.90/$11.90 (Isetan after 20% discount)


2. Phillips Avent 6m+ Fast flow teats 


Since I bought the bottles, I need the nipples too.... 

7. Feeding Bottles
What I wanted: Munchkin Latch Anti-Colic Bottle
What I actually bought: 1. Munchkin Latch Stage 1 120ml/236ml $21.90 (Baby Fair Price 2 for 1 deal)


2. Phillips Avent Classic Feeding Bottle 125ml 0m+/260ml 1m+ $11.90/$9.00 (Metro)


Babies can be picky so I bought 2 brands, hopefully, she will love one of them.

8. Bottle Brush
What I wanted: No Preference
What I actually bought: Munchkin Latch Deluxe Bottle & Valve Brush
Since I already bought the bottles, I needed the brush too. But I'll be getting another one for the Phillip Avent feeding bottles too!

9. Drying Rack
What I wanted: Munchkin Latch Drying Rack
What I actually bought: No brand bottle rack with cover $12.90 (John Little)

Bath

1. Baby Shampoo
What I wanted: Gaia Hair & Body Wash $44.90
What I actually bought: Not Yet

2. Baby Lotion/Oil
What I wanted: No Preference
What I actually bought: Not Yet

3. Nappy Rash Cream
What I wanted: No Preference
What I actually bought: Not Yet

4. Baby Powder
What I wanted: No Perferences
What I actually bought: Pigeon Baby Powder $8.90 (Takashimaya)

5. Bathtub
What I wanted: Any foldable bathtub
What I actually bought: Nothing
Mum had given me a baby bathtub as part of my wedding dowry so both hubby and me thought that we should use it. But we are going to buy the a newborn support to make the bathing more manageable!

6. Towel
What I wanted: Simply Life Bath Towel
What I actually bought: Not Yet

7. Wash Cloth
What I wanted: No Preferences
What I actually bought: Luvable Friends 4pcs Pack $6.00 (Baby Fair Price)


They are really soft to touch so I bought a pack!

8. Cotton Swaps/Q tips
What I wanted: No Preference
What I actually bought: Not Yet

9. Nail Clipper
What I wanted: No Perferences
What I actually bought: Pigeon Safety Nail Clipper $9.90 (Takashimaya)


Recommended by my mummy friends....

10. Nose Cleaner
What I wanted: No Perferences
What I actually bought: Pigeon Nose Cleaner Tube Type $6.90 (Takashimaya)


Recommended by my mummy friends....

11. Diapers (Reusable)
What I wanted: Moo Moo Kow Stay Dry Baby Cloth Diaper + 2 inserts $30
What I actually bought: Moo Moo Kow Stay Dry Baby Cloth Diaper(6pcs +13 inserts) + Bamboo 
Diaper Liners $138 (Baby Fair Package deal/Also includes a small tin of Happyganics Laundry Soda)


Read some good reviews online, and the deal was irresistible, so I bought it.

12. Diapers (Disposable)
What I wanted: MamyPoko
What I actually bought: MamyPoko Newborn 80pcs X 2 $35 (Baby Fair Price + Free Gift)
I'm recommended to this brand by many of my mummy friends. They have no problems and their babies love it. I know that it still depends on individual baby's condition.

I have not buy most of the baby bathing items as I feel that it's still too early and these items do have a manufacturing and expiry date. So I will be buying them in Nov instead when it gets closer to my EDD.

Want to know what else I got for my little girl, do keep a lookout for the next post!! :)

Lotsa LOVE,
Annette

Comments

  1. Register on EverydayFamily NOW and you will get stage by stage pregnancy and baby newsletters, offers and weekly coupon alerts as well as access to free baby samples, baby coupons, baby magazines & more.

    All New Members are Entered to Win Free Diapers for a Entire Year!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Bye, 2013... Hello, 2014.... & Mini Giveaway

After all the celebration and parties to celebrate Christmas, so 2013 is coming to an end. Looking back into 2013, I've got a fair share of the good and bad...  Now that 2014 is arriving, it's time to plan for the future.... Yes! I plan that in 2013, but things are not going smoothly for me then.  But I'm gonna do that again in 2014, and the first thing I'm gonna do is.... To be pregnant again... Yes, that's my number one plan for 2014. I'm not young anymore, and I really do look forward to have a child of my own. I lost my child in 2013, and I'm not gonna let that happen again this time. I'm gonna take good care of myself this time and give birth to a healthy baby. Secondly, Mr Wonderful and I had gave up choosing a bto unit this year. It is because they are left with only second storey units, while we prefer a higher storey one. Hopefully, this year, we are able to to book a unit. Next, I hope I can have more time

Niku Kappo by Watabi

It's been a long time since Mr Wonderful and I have a date. Glad to spend some private time together for dinner without Baby Joy! It was a surprise dinner date (3 weeks ago) as he just SMS me the venue 5 minutes before I off work.  When I reach the restaurant, there was a big crowd outside, waiting for tables. Mr Wonderful got 2 seats at the Sushi Counter which is our favorite whenever we dine at a  Japanese Restaurant.   There's a welcome drink for everybody. Never got to know what drink is that as the servers are always busy. We had a hard time trying to get their attention as everyone is attending to tables. There were a lot of table services such as tossing salad and cooking Sukiyaki by the table side.   My welcome drink   Quite nice, a little minty. The chilli padi looks scary, but you don't taste that at all... Wagyu Toro Sushi $7.90 I am not a fan of raw beef, so I've got nothing much to saw about this. But the beef literally 'melts' in my mouth, so make

Eat And Drink: Christmas with Starbucks & Final Giveaway for 2015

Have you tried the Christmas beverages from Starbucks?  美味しいです。。(Delicious in Japanese) This year Starbucks return with 3 returning favorites and a new creation, in both hot latte and frappuccino options. Latte Version Photo credits: Starbucks Singapore New Creation:  Christmas Panettone Latte Returning Favorite:  Peppermint Mocha Latte (Recommended) Gingerbread Latte Toffee Nut Latte Frappuccino Version Photo Credits: Starbucks Singapore New Creation:  Christmas Panettone  Returning Favorite:  Peppermint Mocha (Recommended) Gingerbread Toffee Nut  I've tried all the hot & cold flavors and I preferred the usual Peppermint Mocha in both hot & cold options. As for the new creation, Christmas Panettone, it doesn't give me any surprises at all. I think the dried fruits sprinkle doesn't do justice to the drink too.  Another item that I highly recommend is the Chocolate Praline Log Cake. I